The Diocese of Dallas has implemented a new training program offered by Ministry Safe. It is an online training module. Thankfully, the diocese realized that we still needed in person training. Therefore, I will be offering a renewal training class for those persons who can ONLY take the class in person. This person may not be tech savvy or lacks the equipment or internet access required to complete an online course. Reminder, we are still in a pandemic and I would really recommend that you take online if you are not comfortable with in person or you are at risk or not feeling well.
If you are planning to attend in person training, you are required to wear a mask and practice social distancing. Please call me and reserve your spot before attending class. Class will take place Saturday October 3, 2020 at 12pm in English.
Please contact director of Safe Environment:
Silvia Puente at firstname.lastname@example.org or 469 329-6238.
• List of city agencies for help
We at Cathedral have a moral and legal responsibility to be vigilant volunteers and staff. We want to provide a safe, secure and enriching environment for our minors and vulnerable adults in our parish.
Renew Badge & New Volunteer Training
Saturday, October 17 at 12 p.m.
Renew Online Click Here
Please fill out our online screening form
(Date Coming Soon)
Safe Environment Program Procedures
Process & Requirements For All Volunteers
Before serving as a Volunteer, the applicant MUST complete the following process:
- Must be a registered & active parishioner (using contribution envelopes) for a minimum of 6 months at the Cathedral Guadalupe or registered in any other Catholic parish in the Diocese of Dallas.
- Fill out completely the Volunteer Screening & Background Investigation Consent Forms available at front office and return as soon as possible.
- Read the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Program Manual fill out the Acknowledgement Form and return with the above noted forms to the church front Office.
- Attend the initial & mandatory Safe Environment Program training “Family of Faith”.
- Attend a Volunteer Interview with the Safe Environment Program Director.
- Be committed to provide a safe and secure environment for all children, youth and vulnerable Adults; and follow all policies of the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Program.
Expect 4-6 weeks for the entire Safe Environment process to be completed from the moment that it's initiated. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the process or experience any delays, please contact the Safe Environment Director Silvia Puente at 469-329-6238.Thank you!
For more information about Safe Environment please visit the Dallas Diocese website at: www.cathdal.org.