April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month
It is most appropriate that Child Abuse Prevention Month is held during the Easter season. There is no better time than Easter to celebrate the protection of our most valuable gift from God —Our Children. Let us honor all children by wearing a blue ribbon throughout the month of April. The “Blue Ribbon” is the international symbol for Child Abuse Prevention. The color blue was chosen to represent the bruised and battered bodies of the thousands of children that are abused everyday, yet it represents “Hope”, hope for a brighter future for our children and those victims of abuse. It serves as a constant reminder that all of us have a moral and legal responsibility to protect and keep our children safe.
Child Abuse is not just One’s Concern, It’s a Community Concern.
We at Cathedral have a moral and legal responsibility to be vigilant volunteers and staff. We want to provide a safe, secure and enriching environment for our minors and vulnerable adults in our parish.
Tuesday, May 8 at 7 p.m. in Conf. B
Renew Online Click Here »
Please fill out our online screening form »
Tuesday, May 8 at 8 p.m. in Conf. B
Safe Environment Program Procedures
Process & Requirements For All Volunteers
Before serving as a Volunteer, the applicant MUST complete the following process:
- Must be a registered & active parishioner (using contribution envelopes) for a minimum of 6 months at the Cathedral Guadalupe or registered in any other Catholic parish in the Diocese of Dallas.
- Fill out completely the Volunteer Screening & Background Investigation Consent Forms available at front office and return as soon as possible.
- Read the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Program Manual fill out the Acknowledgement Form and return with the above noted forms to the church front Office.
- Attend the initial & mandatory Safe Environment Program training “Family of Faith”.
- Attend a Volunteer Interview with the Safe Environment Program Director.
- Be committed to provide a safe and secure environment for all children, youth and vulnerable Adults; and follow all policies of the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Program.
Expect 4-6 weeks for the entire Safe Environment process to be completed from the moment that it’s initiated. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the process or experience any delays, please contact the Safe Environment Director Silvia Sanchez at 469-329-6238.Thank you!
For more information about Safe Environment please visit the Dallas Diocese website at: www.cathdal.org.