October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month
Domestic violence occurs when one person in an intimate relationship exercises power and control over the other through a pattern of intentional behaviors, including psychological, emotional, physical and sexual abuse. There is no way to define a “typical” victim of domestic violence – it can affect anyone from any socioeconomic, demographic, geographic or educational background. The greatest risk factor for victimization is simply being a WOMAN.
We at Cathedral have a moral and legal responsibility to be vigilant volunteers and staff. We want to provide a safe, secure and enriching environment for our minors and vulnerable adults in our parish.
Tuesday, November 14 at 7 p.m. in Conf. B
Renew Online Click Here »
Please fill out our online screening form »
Tuesday, November 14 at 8 p.m. in Conf. B
Safe Environment Program Procedures
Process & Requirements For All Volunteers
Before serving as a Volunteer, the applicant MUST complete the following process:
- Must be a registered & active parishioner (using contribution envelopes) for a minimum of 6 months at the Cathedral Guadalupe or registered in any other Catholic parish in the Diocese of Dallas.
- Fill out completely the Volunteer Screening & Background Investigation Consent Forms available at front office and return as soon as possible.
- Read the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Program Manual fill out the Acknowledgement Form and return with the above noted forms to the church front Office.
- Attend the initial & mandatory Safe Environment Program training “Family of Faith”.
- Attend a Volunteer Interview with the Safe Environment Program Director.
- Be committed to provide a safe and secure environment for all children, youth and vulnerable Adults; and follow all policies of the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Program.
Expect 4-6 weeks for the entire Safe Environment process to be completed from the moment that it’s initiated. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the process or experience any delays, please contact the Safe Environment Director Silvia Sanchez at 469-329-6238.Thank you!
For more information about Safe Environment please visit the Dallas Diocese website at: www.cathdal.org.