In an effort to provide the safest environment possible in our churches and schools, all parishes are asked to please run the following announcement in bulletins year round.
If you believe that you, or someone you know, is a victim of past or present abuse or sexual abuse, please notify law enforcement. In the event the abuse involves a minor, please also contact the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services through the Texas Abuse Hotline at 1-800-252-5400 or www.txabusehotline.org). Finally, if the abuse involves a member of the clergy, a parish employee, or diocesan employee, please also notify the Diocese of Dallas Victims Assistance Coordinator, Barbara Landregan, at 214-379-2812 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We at Cathedral have a moral and legal responsibility to be vigilant volunteers and staff. We want to provide a safe, secure and enriching environment for our minors and vulnerable adults in our parish.
Renew Badge & New Volunteer Training
Thursday, September 12 at 7 p.m. in Room 201
Renew Online Click Here »
Please fill out our online screening form »
Thursday, September 12 at 8 p.m. in Room 201
Safe Environment Program Procedures
Process & Requirements For All Volunteers
Before serving as a Volunteer, the applicant MUST complete the following process:
- Must be a registered & active parishioner (using contribution envelopes) for a minimum of 6 months at the Cathedral Guadalupe or registered in any other Catholic parish in the Diocese of Dallas.
- Fill out completely the Volunteer Screening & Background Investigation Consent Forms available at front office and return as soon as possible.
- Read the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Program Manual fill out the Acknowledgement Form and return with the above noted forms to the church front Office.
- Attend the initial & mandatory Safe Environment Program training “Family of Faith”.
- Attend a Volunteer Interview with the Safe Environment Program Director.
- Be committed to provide a safe and secure environment for all children, youth and vulnerable Adults; and follow all policies of the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Program.
Expect 4-6 weeks for the entire Safe Environment process to be completed from the moment that it’s initiated. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the process or experience any delays, please contact the Safe Environment Director Silvia Sanchez at 469-329-6238.Thank you!
For more information about Safe Environment please visit the Dallas Diocese website at: www.cathdal.org.