Virtus-Child Abuse Prevention
Safe Environment Program for Religious Education Students
As part of our ongoing effort to help create and maintain a safe & secure environment for our children & youth, the Diocese of Dallas mandates that our Religious Education students be trained in child abuse prevention. Catechists will present the VIRTUS “Touching Safety” Program, which is an age-appropriate child sexual abuse prevention program for students in grades K – 12 in the month of November.
We encourage parents to visit the VIRTUS website at www.virtus.org to get familiar with this program. If you are interested in more information, or wish that your child NOT participate in this event please contact Silvia Sanchez, Safety Director, no later than November 08, 2019 at 469 329-6238 or by email at email@example.com.
We at Cathedral have a moral and legal responsibility to be vigilant volunteers and staff. We want to provide a safe, secure and enriching environment for our minors and vulnerable adults in our parish.
Renew Badge & New Volunteer Training
Thursday, Novemeber 14 at 7 p.m. in Room 201
Renew Online Click Here »
Please fill out our online screening form »
Thursday, November 14 at 8 p.m. in Room 201
Safe Environment Program Procedures
Process & Requirements For All Volunteers
Before serving as a Volunteer, the applicant MUST complete the following process:
- Must be a registered & active parishioner (using contribution envelopes) for a minimum of 6 months at the Cathedral Guadalupe or registered in any other Catholic parish in the Diocese of Dallas.
- Fill out completely the Volunteer Screening & Background Investigation Consent Forms available at front office and return as soon as possible.
- Read the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Program Manual fill out the Acknowledgement Form and return with the above noted forms to the church front Office.
- Attend the initial & mandatory Safe Environment Program training “Family of Faith”.
- Attend a Volunteer Interview with the Safe Environment Program Director.
- Be committed to provide a safe and secure environment for all children, youth and vulnerable Adults; and follow all policies of the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Program.
Expect 4-6 weeks for the entire Safe Environment process to be completed from the moment that it’s initiated. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the process or experience any delays, please contact the Safe Environment Director Silvia Sanchez at 469-329-6238.Thank you!
For more information about Safe Environment please visit the Dallas Diocese website at: www.cathdal.org.