OCOTBER IS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AWARENESS MONTH
Domestic violence occurs when one person in an intimate relationship exercises power and control over the other through a pattern of intentional behaviors, including psychological, emotional, physical and sexual abuse. There is no way to define a “typical” victim of domestic violence – it can affect anyone from any socioeconomic, demographic, geographic or educational background. The greatest risk factor for victimization is simply being a WOMAN.
If you have been abused by a member of the clergy, or church personnel at any point in your life, or know someone who has been, please report the abuse to law enforcement or the Texas Department of Family & Protective Services at 1-800-252-5400 or www.txabusehotline.org
You may also contact the Diocesan Victims’ Assistance Coordinator, Barbara Landregan, at 214-379-2812. Let us always pray that God our Heavenly Father will bring comfort and healing to all victims and their loved ones.
We at Cathedral have a moral and legal responsibility to be vigilant volunteers and staff. We want to provide a safe, secure and enriching environment for our minors and vulnerable adults in our parish.
Tuesday, October 11 at 7 p.m. in Room 201
Renew Online Click Here »
Please fill out our online screening form »
Safe Environment Program Procedures
Process & Requirements For All Volunteers
Before serving as a Volunteer, the applicant MUST complete the following process:
- Must be a registered & active parishioner (using contribution envelopes) for a minimum of 6 months at the Cathedral Guadalupe or registered in any other Catholic parish in the Diocese of Dallas.
- Fill out completely the Volunteer Screening & Background Investigation Consent Forms available at front office and return as soon as possible.
- Read the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Program Manual fill out the Acknowledgement Form and return with the above noted forms to the church front Office.
- Attend the initial & mandatory Safe Environment Program training “Family of Faith”.
- Attend a Volunteer Interview with the Safe Environment Program Director.
- Be committed to provide a safe and secure environment for all children, youth and vulnerable Adults; and follow all policies of the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Program.
Expect 4-6 weeks for the entire Safe Environment process to be completed from the moment that it’s initiated. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the process or experience any delays, please contact the Safe Environment Director Silvia Sanchez at 469-329-6238.Thank you!
For more information about Safe Environment please visit the Dallas Diocese website at: www.cathdal.org.